Sunday 11 March 2012

Kit Review - Olympus TG-610

I've been wondering about a new camera for a while now - the second set of batteries in my old one are now failing (which is a shame as its served me well), and the optical zoom is nothing to speak of.

I decided a rugged camera would be just the thing to take to the peaks, and after some research I plumped for the Olympus TG-610.  It has good reviews, 1.5m drop protection, 5m waterproofing and is good down to -10c.  It was also superceded on 29th February so I got 40% off....





You can see the results from the camera on my Snowdon post - so far so good.  Not tested the ruggedness yet, but I'm naturally clumsy so no doubt it won't be long...

1 comment:

  1. Well that didnt take long - the hinges have broken on the battery door

    ReplyDelete